Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One piece 1/4 inch diamond plate.

Yep, it's also a work truck.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Now there's a tough bedliner. How much does that sheet weigh?

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I like it. Nice job of cutting and fitting. Will you anchor it or is it good to just.lift it out if you need access the bed wells? Very cool and functional. I had considered doing my 64 with two pieces. The forward piece to be on billet aluminum continuos hinge. I finally went with Rhinoliner which worked really well.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it works

I don't have a clue as to the weight. It started out as a 5 ft X 10 ft single sheet. I used an Elky rubber bed mat as a template. Install time was 3 days and 6 jig-saw blades. Its a lay-in, the chrome tie downs have to be removed from the sides of the bed for a removal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I hope that's ALUMINUM plate!

Even aluminum will not be light.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
1/4" diamondplate weighs in at 3.70lbs per foot on average. Actual square footage in use, approx 31.
Approx 115 lbs cut to fit. As you may have guessed , I like diamondplate too.

Ps, I,m currently giong to make a drop in decorative cover cut from a pc of 1/8" expanded pvc sheet, which I will laminate & probably cut thin strips of hardwood to use instead of traditional ss strips. My estimated weight- 20lbs. When I need to carry stuff, I can just lift it out & use my original ,never repainted galvanized floor.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, i works

Okay, I made a mistake. I located the purchase receipt. It is 1/8 inch (.083) aluminum diamond plate. It appears to have some type of coating(clear-coat?) on it, because you cannot polish it. If it get dirty, soap and water and a scrub brush cleans it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts