El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been around Chevy's all my life but brand new to the El Camino. Anyway, I have a 72 with 15inch rallly's and 225's on it. Im wanting to change wheels and tires but a search on the forum couldnt give me an answer I needed. Anyway, I want to look into 17's and I wouldnt mind bumping up the tire size, I just dont want to run into rubbing. I also want to get the right rims with the right backspacing that in case I decide to drop the front, I wont rub then either. Any set up that you guys can think of that would work would be great. Im not looking to get monsterous size tires. Just something that will look great with stock and dropped suspension, I dont want to have to change tire and rim combos. Hopefully I explained what Im looking for, Thanks for reading my post!

·
0 Posts
17's would be perfect staggered. The 72 has big wheel wells so it would look great and have a muscular stance. Like this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that looks MEAN! I just went through the wheel and tire forum page by page and ended up finding a bit more info, but after seeing this video, I think I still want to try for 17's, only thing is I dont want rubber band tires

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to put sizes.
Front: 17x7 American Racing Torq Thrust II's 225/50/17 Pirelli Zero Neros
Rear: 17x8 with 245/45/17
No rubbing at all, I could probably go bigger next set of tires but I loooooooove the look and the ride

1 - 5 of 5 Posts