El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

As my first post I have to say- DAMN! why hadn't I found this place earlier?? I mean I have had my Camino since december and I wish I had you guys to get some feedback from! Anywho- I was just wondering if I was the youngest Camino owner, I think I am at mychevytruck.com. I am 15 (16 on the 22nd) so If anyone can beat 7/22/87. If not- I expect some sort of trophy or award in the mail right? Thanks!

-Luke

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm.... why isn't there an upload file thingy?? I am guessing you have to do it by the URL but cardomain obviously wont let me....hhhhhmmm. Well here is there link then.

Here

-Luke

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much stock under the hood and everywhere else except for the 15x7 cragar S/S's all the way around. Wrapped in BF Goodwrench T/A's 215/65R15. I put in a new Clarion head unit and some cheap speakers in a box i made in the back just so I could have some tunes. 305 automatic trans. Working on getting a window tint, and rear rollpan. HTH- anybody going to challenge me?? come on you youngin's!!

Luke

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Welcome to the group! Nice lookin Elkie too. On the age issue, I think we've got a couple younger than you and one of them is female!

·
Registered
64 Posts
i got my 85' conquista when i was 15. im 19 now, still runs perfect. i dont know why you are bragging do you even have your drivers license yet? i had mine before i could even drive. i would just go out and sit in it waiting until the day i could drive it. still runs perfect, although it does have a few dents, but they weren't my fault.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha no I cant just yet- not until the 23rd is when i get my license. But oh well- so I am not the youngest. That's ok- I just hate being stuck in the middle as the 3rd or 4th youngest. haha. Well cya guys around.

-Luke

·
Registered
225 Posts
I Got you beat by almost 3 months 10/18/87. I bought it july 7th i have a learners permit so i have driven it already. 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
we have a law here that when you turn 16 you can't drive past dark, and have to drive by yourself, or with an adult present. they enforced it 2 months after i got my license :-D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we have that here in florida too- except it is you cant drive past 11:00 unless going to or from work. But you dont have to drive alone or anything- and they really dont enforce the 11:00 thing cause I have been out with the girlfriend many a times later than 11:00 :cool: . Looks like i dont win- that's too bad...as usual getting stuck in the middle...

-Luke

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, I missed being the youngest by 8 days. My birthday is on 11/10/87. I got my 1982 Conquista the Saturday of Father's Day weekend (Happy Father's Day, Dad! You get to buy me an El Camino!) I have my temps/permit now, so of course we take the El Camino out to run errands, visit people, or just to cruise. As it is, she (Ellie) sits safely in the driveway surrounded in enough to keep the other cars from banging into her, and only has a few minor things to be taken care of, other than a tuneup. In fact, I almost have my dad talked into using the new shed we're going to get for her. Sure, we defeat the purpose of getting more storage space for lawn mowers and the such, but it would be horrible for my Ellie to have to sit in the driveway when my brother's Trans Am shell would get the shed :D So I'm not the youngest, but almost there...Only 8 days.. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm 16, 1-28-87, I got my El Camino this summer, but I already had my license for a few weeks. 8)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Although I wish in a way that I had waited until I got my license to get my El Camino, I waited and looked around long enough, and finally found the perfect one for me, pricewise and condition alike. Thankfully the price was to my advantage since the guy had it sitting there after a breakup, and I know for sure that NONE of my boyfriends would be allowed to keep my Ellie under ANY circumstances...Hell, I doubt they'll even be allowed to drive it! :wink:
Also, as the youngest of the family and being the more responsible of the kids, my parents favored the "favorite daughter" and bought her her dream car...They haven't even asked me for my payments yet! How's THAT for a deal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another youngster out here. I got my el camino from my grandfather who lived in georgia when i was 14, im now 16 and still have a long way to go before she'll be the way i want her. I have to say the best money i spent on it was a new edelbrock carb, the old quadrajet was junk if you ask me. So hey luke if you wanna make that baby a little sweeter id pick up an edelbrock carb, dont mess around with that street legal stuff, get the good stuff for "off road" use. cheaper too. You wont have your egr anymore if you go they way i went, i failed my emissions test but hey i can do some mad burnouts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well it's good to see some of the younger generation interested in some good ole American iron instead of those annoying rice burners. I'm 21 and although I don't own a Elky yet I do own a 1972 Chevelle SS that I bought when I was 15 and have restored from the ground up and even to this day it still isn't finished although now all it needs is just some minor detail work done. All I can say to you from my experience is body and paint work will cost you the most to have done and to take your time and have fun doing it because thats what this hobby is all about.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I too am 16, but I've been that old since the last Pearl Harbor Day. I got my elky back in March and have been fixing the damned piece of beauty since. So far there is a new battery, alternator, SS center caps (that fit the original wheels), air filter (big whoop), countless engine degreaser, and I'm currently replacing the rear axle after it just locked up on me. I'm not the youngest, but my car and I are the exact same age. It's an 87 conquista that was built on December 7th, 1986, same as me, how's that for fate?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey there - that's pretty cool about your Elky being "born" on the same day as you were. I wasn't quite that lucky, my birthday is November 10, 1987, but my elky is an 82. But hey -- at least my car can have a beer, right? :lol:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts